Crete Explorer – fly & drive
HERAKLION – RETHYMNO – CHANIA – MATALA – IERAPETRA – SITIA
– 7 nights from $595 per person –
Day 1 HERAKLION
Arrival in Heraklion and pick-up the car at the airport. After installation at your hotel, we suggest visiting Heraklion town and of its famous museum & Knossos. Overnight in Heraklion.
Day 2 HERAKLION – RETHYMNON – CHANIA
Breakfast in hotel. Drive along the north coast of Crete to Rethymnon – visit the old centre, the magnificent Venetian fortress. Continue along the west coast through Georgioupoli, home to one of the longest beaches in Greece. Overnight in Chania.
Day 3 CHANIA
After breakfast, explore on your own the medieval city of Chania. Overnight in Chania.
Day 4 CHANIA – MATALA
Breakfast in hotel. Crossing the Southern part of Crete you will take a scenic road, passing by the beautiful beaches of Chora Sfakion. Continue your route through the village of Spili, Agia Galini. Overnight in Porto Plakias or Matala.
Day 5 MATALA – AGHIOS NIKOLAOS
After breakfast departure towards the province of Lassithi, the easternmost province of Crete with its unbelievable variety of landscape. Discover the fertile plateau of Lassithi, where 10.000 windmills used to be on full sail, & also many quaint small villages. Arriving in Ierapetra’s long beaches where you can even swim in winter. Continue to Aghios Nikolaos. Arrival and overnight in Aghios Nikolaos.
Day 6 AGHIOS NIKOLAOS
Free day at leisure in Aghios Nikolaos. We also suggest taking a trip to Vai, famous for its palm tree beach. Overnight in Aghios Nikolaos.
Day 7 AGHIOS NIKOLAOS – HERAKLION
Return to Heraklion passing through the west part of Crete: Elounda, Hersonissos. Overnight in Heraklion..
Day 8 HERAKLION AIRPORT
Breakfast in hotel. Departure from the Heraklion airport
● 7 nights accommodation in double occupancy – hotels 3* (Heraklion – 2 nights, Chania – 2 nights, Matala- 1 night, Aghjos Nikolaos – 2 nights)
● 7 days car rental, pick-up and rop-off Athens – airport / manual, cat. B – Renault Clio or similar, (unlimited Km, Third Party Insurance, CDW, TP, TAX)
● daily breakfast
● international flight from Canada
● entrance fees to the various sites
● personal expenses
● beverages and other meals not mentioned
● fuel, tolls, parkings, ferry
● city tours and excursions
● Hotel taxes (payable locally : Eur1.50 – Eur4.00 per room, per night, depending on the category of the hotel)
NOTE: Price indicated is for 3* hotels, per person in double occupancy for departures during the week 01-08 April, 2021. Please contact us to obtain prices for 4* and 5* hotels and different departure dates.
SKYWAY TOURS has been in the travel business since 1976.
We are the experts on Greece and throughout the years we have become the premium European custom vacation specialists in Canada and the USA.