Day 1 Tuesday, ST. PETERSBURG – arrival
Upon arrival at St. Petersburg Airport, transfer to hotel. Check-in at the hotel and welcome meeting. Overnight in St. Petersburg
Day 2 Wednesday, ST. PETERSBURG
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title of Venice of the North. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendors of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional excursion ($) to Tsarskoe Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional ($)visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian „champagne” and snacks. Overnight in St. Petersburg
Day 3 Thursday, ST. PETERSBURG
The morning is reserved for a visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional ($) Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti.
Day 4 Friday, ST. PETERSBURG – MOSCOW
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Park Inn Sadu 4* or similar.
Day 5 Saturday, MOSCOW
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon, emjoy an extraordinary visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow-by-night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla. Overnight in St. Moscow
Day 6 Sunday, MOSCOW
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus…Overnight in St. Moscow
Day 7 Monday, MOSCOW – departure
Departure After breakfast, transfer to Moscow Airport.
Rates in CAD per person in double occupancy
|DEPARTURE DATES – 2018||Double||Single suppl.|
|May 8, 15, 22||$1380||$545|
|May 29 / Jun 5||$1530||$675|
|Jul 17, 24, 31||$1380||$545|
|Aug 7, 14, 21, 28 / Sep 4, 11, 18||$1380||$545|
Available languages: EN, GER.
Tour is not suitable for persons with restricted mobility.
Hotels (or similar):
St. Petersburg – Sokos Vasilievsky4*
Moscow – Park Inn Sadu 4*
• Arrival & departure transfers to/from hotels
• Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
• 6 nights accommodation in 4H hotels, double occupancy (St. Petersburg – 3 nights, Moscow – 3 nights)
• Bilingual speaking tour escort (English/German)
• Half day tour sightseeing tours of St. Petersburg & Moscow
• Entrance fee at Peter & Paul Fortress – St. Petersburg and Kremlin – Moscow
• Half day tour to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
• 3-hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour
• Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
• Sapsan highspeed train St. Petersburg- Moscow, one-way (2nd class)
• Daily breakfast
• Portage at hotels and railway stations
OPTIONAL TOURS (rates per person):
• 4-hour excursion to Tsarskoe Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: $105
• Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: $75
• 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: $75
• 3-hour guided channel cruise: $75
• 3-hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: $75
• 8-hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: $120
• Visit to Old Russian Circus: $105
EXCLUDED• International flight to / from Canada
• Tips, drinks, telephone charges and incidentals
• Beverages and other meals not mentioned
• Hotel taxes (to be paid locally, from Eur2.00 to Eur7.00 per person per night, depending on the category of the hotel)
• Visa for Russia ($150 per person)
SKYWAY TOURS has been in the travel business since 1976.
We are the experts on Greece and throughout the years we have become the premium European custom vacation specialists in Canada and the USA.